Sunday 1 February 2009

Fantastic February

Woohoo! I survived January and actually enjoyed most of it too :)



As I think I already said I've been planning on doing the 12 months=12 projects challenge and today I completed the January review. The hardest part was choosing between the photos, and then trying to work out a LO that could include them and a bit of journalling. Am pretty pleased with the result but may try hidden journalling next month to overcome that issue.



Shimelle's challenge for 'Scrap Like You Mean It' this week was to scrap in black and white. I thought that the best way to accomplish this was to use only black and white papers/embellishments and then have really colourful pictures. The topic I chose was the newly decorated house. I've put so much of myself into the house over the last 6 months with a little touch here or a little touch here. I've enjoyed being able to make things feminine and have exactly what I want, where I want. The consequence of that is that Connor is able to move things around and already things are getting a little tired, or cracked. The LO will keep everything perfect!



Another thing that I've been wanting to do is to redo some of my older LOs. The one I chose to do this week was my photos of Connor sleeping. He was born three weeks early and for the first three weeks until his due date, he just slept. One morning I took a series of photos over about 10 minutes and he changed pose about 8 times whilst I was doing it. I love the photos and the LO uses four of them. I printed Brahms lullaby off the internet to use as an accent and am pleased with how it turned out. It's much more accomplished than the first attempt, which was very basic indeed.



And finally, it's CJ time. Tomorrow my 'Connor's Second Year' sets off on it's journey. I completed the October page '1' last night. I've never scrapped in 8x8 before (other that CJ) and actually found it really hard to do with my own photos. I think it will come with practice over the next few months though!

1 comment:

voodoo vixen said...

Lovely pages Rebekah, I think my favs are the ones with the flowers but the sleeping baby Connor is beautiful too!