Sunday 22 March 2009

Birthday Girl!

Today is Mother's Day and just so happens to also be my Birthday. I've had a lovely day. This morning we walked over to the French Market in town. There weren't as many stalls there today as there appeared to be yesterday but it was nice to wander around in the sunshine and look at all the goods. I was glad that I had my camera with me to take my mind off all those tempting snacks, especially the slice of custard pie- yum yum!
There were also toys...
And sweets...
And biscuits... And a boucherie...
And smelly things.
To get there we walked across the park. I spotted some Cherry blossom and managed to get a pretty funky photo of it.
And I took the obligatory photo of myself to scrap 'Me @32'. I combined it with this week's SLYMI challenge on UKS which was to use this sketch;




to create this:

Materials:
Paper Co cardstock
Cosmo Cricket Girl Friday paper Monday and Saturday
Cosmo Cricket Girl Friday Ready Steady Chip
Tim Holtz Ideaology Adage Ticket
Carolees creative mini etched alpha
Fontwerks green label
papermania red perals
American Crafts Flair button 'Peep'
American Crafts Thickers Daiquirai
MM shimmer alpha mini


And now I should go to bed and get ready to start my 33rd year tomorrow!

2 comments:

misteejay said...

Love your LO.

Glad you had a great birthday - the photos are super especially the cherry blossom.

Toni :o)

Anonymous said...

was a great walk--loved the market--shame it wasn't bigger ( and shame it had no cheese!!)

Check my blog--have tagged you ;-)