Monday 30 March 2009

The jigsaw begins...

I finally found a big old dictionary in Oxfam this weekend and that inspired me to start the jigsaw swap. And once I started, I got a couple of pieces done.

Here is mine. I went with the theme butterflies and time flies. I'm going to put the finished jiggy on my bedroom wall so my piece uses the colours from my bedroom and I'm pretty pleased with it. I used a page from the dictionary with the definition of time on it and a big Heidi Swapp clock, a K&Co. butterfly and Rusty Pickle Sassy Flourish rub on. I have no idea if I'm on the right tracks. The other jigsaws that I have seen seem so elaborate but it's my style so here it is.
I used the same idea for Theresa's 'Bird' piece. The dictionary page with the definition of
'Bird' is my background. I've added a Tim Holtz idea-ology 'Soar' Adage ticket, Bazzil bloom and K&Co bird.

3 comments:

misteejay said...

They are both wonderful Rebekah.

Toni :o)

ScrappyDandyDoo said...

Wow these are gorgeous!!!
are you displaying the jigsaw as a whole when you recieve It??
just thinking it would be really nice displayed as single and small groups around your room - love thewm :D
wish I had joined in now!!! LOL
The dictionary idea is fab too :D

Jane K said...

great jigsaw pieces, i love your dictionary backgrounds.