Sunday 8 March 2009

The Mojo Returns!

For some reason (probably because it had all my photos and useful programmes on) the laptop breaking meant that I lost my Mojo and hardly did any scrapping at all last week. Yesterday though I went to The Scrap Cafe crop in Caversham and found it again- yay! I took with me the Cj that I have to post on its journey on Monday and the rest of my sister's album.
The CJ I have at the moment is Jem's ''08 days out and about'. The photos I scrapped are from a Canal Walk. It looks lovely and spring like and there's a gorgeous photo of a duck and her babies. I was going to go bright and colourful with lots of BG rub on flowers but in the end I decided to go muted but pretty so that the rich colours of the photos came out more strongly (in theory). I was really pleased with the finished LOs and hope that Jem will be too. I can hardly bring myself to close the CJ and squash the butterflies (which seem to be a bit of an obsession with me at the moment!).
I don't want to bombard you with too many photos in one blog, so I'm going to show you my sister's album LOs a handful at a time.
The introduction page to commeorate '1979' has pages from her favourite books, some journalling to show things that happened in the year (Mr Ed dying for example ;) ) and her name. I'm going to add a few bits and pieces to it to finish it off but am pretty pleased with it as a first page of the album. I was inspired by Mini Owner over on UKS, who submitted this for our challenge a few weeks ago. I've copied the PP but using things that are relevant to my Sister.
My favourite LO so far is the one of my Sister and my Dad- 'The first man a girl loves is her daddy'. I used the gorgeous BG 'Ambrosia' range and hand cut all the butterflies (see, I told you I'm obsessed!). I think the strong colours look great with the photo and am really pleased with it. I used a Becky Fleck sketch from her pagemaps site.

Another favourite (and again uses a Becky Fleck sketch) is 'Little Sister'. It still needs journalling but I'm struggling there. I'm sure inspiration will strike (fingers crossed).

Then there is 'Yum!'. Here I've used the fab colour on B&W technique to bring only the food to life. I have had this BG paper for ages and didn't have a clue what to do with it but I think it works well here. I love the 3D effect I was able to create.
And the last one I'm going to share today is 'The Aunt'. I used a sketch for this one too (no prizes for guessing who's it was!) and got the papers at MJs crop the other week. These are some of my favourite photos of all time and I think that the LO lends itself well to them.





1 comment:

misteejay said...

You really are on a roll at the moment - lovely work.

The butterflies are beautiful.

Toni :o)