Monday 1 June 2009

A month of colour and a mojo returns

I have been somewhat mojo-less in the last few weeks. I have Shimelle to thank for getting me out of that stage though with the revelation today of her month long look at colour. Each day she will be discussing colour and setting a challenge. Go check it out here!

The first challenge in this month was to celebrate my favourite colour. If someone was to ask me what my favourite colour was I would say 'red'! No hesitation, just 'red!'. But if they were to ask my why, I wouldn't have a clue. I know why as a child my favourite colour was yellow and that was because of my lion jumper knitted by my Nan. In the garden it's not red that I use to accent it but, blue. I have blue pots and a blue sun shade and I always have. And orange was my colour of choice for my wedding flowers. Not red. Red I reserve for items of clothing, photos of the summer, and a safe car. But red, nonetheless, is my favourite colour. So today I spent the day trying to find things to take photos of that are red. My initial thought was 'telephone box' but having driven around Sonning and Playhatch and the other Berkshire villages around here and found only pink and peeling phone boxes I had to think again. I found a few red things;


And the final product of my celebration of my favourite colour was this one 'My Favourite Colour' (I've used Shimelle's overlay for the title, and given it a 'stamp' effect border in Faststone editor);


Materials:
Red, white and black Bazzil Basics cardstock
Sequin waste from Hobbycraft
Jillibean Soup Journaling Sprouts black circles (Capture the Magic)
Acetate (stamped with Staz on and Banana Frog stamps)
Teresa Collins 'Travel' Diecut
Fontwerks Black label
Jenni Bowlin 'Frames' ticket
Papermania Alphaminis black

I would like to scrap what the other colours mean to me though and have sketched 'My life in colour' for when I can find the photos that I need.

No comments: