Tuesday 1 September 2009

1st September? But where did August go???

As a teacher you can't help thinking as the days of July tick by, 'Well, I have the whole of August at least!'. And suddenly it's gone. It's the 1st September and time to go back to school. Perhaps psychologically it's worse this year because I'm going back to work on the 1st September, with my tummy still full of the Bank Holiday barbeque food, rather than the 2nd or 3rd, which is more usual. Whatever the reason, I can't believe how quickly the summer holidays went, how little work I did in them and how unprepared I am to return to work today. We didn't get our timetables until we were leaving on the last day of term and as yet I've not seen a class list or a schedule of what order I'm teaching things in this term but hey, it's all good fun!!
Scrapbooking wise I'm on a bit of a roll so with any luck real life stuff like lesson planning won't throw me off kilter to much (fingers firmly crossed). I succeeded in completing another SLYMI challenge last night, this time Week 32: Write in White. Doesn't this food just look fabulous? My colleague had this prepared when we arrive in Spain and it really did feel as if we'd arrived!

Materials:
Basic Grey Infuse 'Saturate'
Cardstock
October Afternoon 'Road Map' stickers and shapes
KI Memories lace cardstock 'Journal hazard'
Bazill blooms
Kaiser crafts pearls
American Crafts Thickers 'Black tie'

The journalling reads: 'When you're sat on a terrace, not a cloud in the sky- sunglasses shielding your eyes from the sun. When everyone around you smells of sunlotion but no-one is in a hurry to do anything. When you can feel the tension easing out of your neck and shoulders. And when you sit up to the table to be greeted by this sight, then you know...you've arrived!'

1 comment:

misteejay said...

Great LO and fab journalling.