Thursday 21 January 2010

Another 'The Studio' challenge

No sooner had I caught up with the 1st January challenge piece on 'The Studio' than the 16th January one was posted, and boy is it a challenge! Check out the DT LOs here.

The challenge was to:
1. Take your alphas and alter them. Maybe you have a font you love but in the wrong colour – well change them! Show us what you can do!
2. Use a symmetrical page design – everything on one side should balance what’s on the other.
3. Use fabric of some kind on your page!
I used some chipboard alphas that I bought when I was in Felixstowe in the summer. All I did with them was to ink them. I had ideas about adding glitter or glossy accents but in the end I liked the mottled affect of the ink and left it at that. These two photos are when Connor put out his letter on the bird table for Robin to take to Father Christmas. To encourage Robin to come we left some bird food too. And would you believe it, Robin had whisked it off to the North Pole by the next morning AND left some food for the other birds too.
Materials:
Bo bunny 'Holiday Magic Letters'
Kaisercraft rub ons
MM glitter rub ons mini christmas combo 1
Chipboard letters
Staz on black
embroidery thread
Jenni bowlin mini alphas
October Afternoon cardstock labels and stickers 'Farm Fresh'
Green Vellum
Sacking cloth
Green ink

.

No comments: