Friday 1 January 2010

Happy New Year

Every man should be born again on the first day of January. Start with a fresh page. Take up one hole more in the buckle if necessary, or let down one, according to circumstances; but on the first of January let every man gird himself once more, with his face to the front, and take no interest in the things that were and are past. ~Henry Ward Beecher

Welcome to 2010. I loved 2009 and hope that 2010 will be even better. Now I know that I'm not supposed to look back but I did want to share the Ruby Anniversary Album with you :)

Ages ago Tony mentioned wanting to do an album for his parent's ruby wedding anniversary. Suddenly we had a month left in which to get the photos from his parents, scan them, print them and make the album. We were still putting the finished touches to it at 11 am on the day of the celebration lunch. But the end result was pretty nice, and Tony did a great job on his pages too. Tony's Mum had so many photos, all in a drawer and choosing between them was hard. For the most part we tried to chose photos that were strong enough to stand up on their own and still tell a story of the time. We only combined Christmas and holiday photos to get a page of each of those.


The first page shows a photo of Tony's parents from earlier this month. It's a scraplift from a class using Basic Grey Ambrosia, Hobby Craft lace and Bazzil blooms.We then did some baby photos but that page is my least favourite so moving right on...
These great photos of Tony's Mum should have been done better but I wanted something girly and I have so little stash in pink that I struggled. In the end I kept it fairly simple and used Basic Grey Sugared (I think!). I also gave the photos a pink tint in picasa for a bit of a change.
We loved this photo of Tony's Mum. I used lots of layers for this one and was pleased with how it came out.

I'll show you more tomorrow ;)

Last year I took the 12 months=12 projects challenge. I decided to create a DLO of each month combining my favourite photos of the month. There are a few websites launching it again this year but this one is my favourite with a sketch for each month included. Why not have a look? I'll be having a go again this year.

Sharon has already prepared her January pages for another monthly challenge and it looks as though it'll be stunning. Why not check out her blog and the art journalling challenge?

No comments: