Sunday 21 February 2010

Photo inspiration

The challenge on 'The Studio' this week is to use this photo as inspiration:
My first thought was 'Okay!'. But then as I thought about it I realised that it might lend itself to a LO I've been meaning to do for about a year and a half after I saw a LO on UKS with the title 'Terms of endearment'. Connor says such sweet and funny things that I really wanted to write them down on a LO. The photo has one sweetcorn on it's own and then others in rows. Not only that but each kernal makes the cob sort of segmented and divided. So I used that as my inspiration and came up with this LO. I hope you can see what I'm getting at :) I wanted to use some circles to show the bowl that the corn is in and since it's designed to go next to the first day at nursery page I did last week, I thought I'd sew them on to match. Hope you like it :)
Materials:
Sassafras lass patterened paper
American Crafts Thickers
Embroidery thread

1 comment:

Tessa Buys said...

Super cute! I love how the design of the corn transferred to the design of your page. so clever!