Tuesday 30 March 2010

Metamorphasis

'The Studio' challenge this weekend was this: 'scrap a life-changing event that's affected you. How has it changed you as a person?' I love this challenge. My most recent life changing event was the divorce so that's what I went for. You'll probably think I'm very strange scrapping my hen night in one week and my divorce the next (I know that my boyfriend does!) but I'm scrapping my life in no particular order and these are things I need to include :) The good, the bad, the ugly.

For this LO I took a photograph of my decree nesci with a dead rose sat on top of it and I tore my ex-husband off a wedding photo and tucked that underneath. I had a bit of a play with glimmer mist in this one and think I'm getting more confident with it but could still do with some pointers.

I also used an idea from my fellow Design Team-mate Laura when I realised that I didn't have enough letters to write my title. You can see what she did here.

The journalling about how the divorce changed me is hidden on the tag behind the photo.

Materials:
Page from book of quotations (Oxfam)
Tag (IKEA)
Autumn Leaves clear stamps 'elegant flourishes'
Adorn it Carolee's Creations 'Sleek black'
StazOn jet black
Jenni Bowlin Vintage Ledger (Indigo Mill)
Doodlebug Mini rub on alphas
Making Memories shimmer alphas
Scrap papers

1 comment:

Kelly Massman said...

I wish I had the nerve to scrapbook the bad stuff. It might be easier to let it go. But, for now, thanks for posting!