Friday 26 March 2010

Tag Birthday Cards

Congratulations to Terri, who was drawn by Caroline this morning and won her blog hop RAK :)Don't forget that there are a couple of Birthday Blog deadlines today. Firstly, don't forget to show Kathleen your take on her sketch to be in with a chance of winning a $10 'Little Bit of Whimsy' voucher. And secondly, hop along to Deanne's blog and add a comment to be in with a chance of picking up a RAK. Good luck!!

When I was at Leigh's a couple of weeks ago I noticed that she had a lovely collection of slide frames in all sorts of lovely colours. She very kindly gave me some white ones to play with and I thought they'd make perfect embellishments on my tiny tag birthday cards this month.

They were very simple to make, quick and easy but pretty cute. I inked all around the edges of tag in the same colour as the cupcake I was planning on using. I cut sacking cloth slightly larger than the slide frame and attached it to the tag at an angle. Using glossy accents I stuck the cupcake to the slide frame and rubbed the words 'happy birthday' on. I then stuck the slide frame on to the sacking cloth. To enable the tags to stand up I cut a piece of scrap cardstock (coordinating with the cupcake colour) slightly smaller than the tag and scored along the width about 1 cm from the top. Having lined the bottom of the cardstock up with the bottom of the tag I stuck this top bit to the tag. The final step was to add eyelets and matching ribbon.

Materials:


Ikea tags
Ribbons from stash
Sacking cloth
Slide frames
Doodlebug simple sweet alpha rub on in various colours (From Indigo Mill)
Ink
Jolees Boutique cupcake embellishment

No comments: