Saturday 17 April 2010

Shimelle's Online Crop

Shimelle has done it again :) I've been having a scrapping lull and haven't really been in the mood but in the last six hours I have created five LOs!!

Shimelle's online crop started yesterday at 6pm with a cupcake challenge. I was amazed when I looked through my papers this afternoon and found that I have no cupcake paper at all. But I did remember buying some cupcake fabric last year so I dug that out for this LO about Connor's favourite part of making cakes.

Shimelle loves her woodgrain and asked us to scrap her LO with a woodgrain title for the next challenge of the evening. I used a big photo of Bailey's first walk and stamped using the banana frog woodgrain stamp (although the bottom worked better than the top). For the first challenge of today Shimelle asked us to scrap using four squares as a background. I condensed the sqaures slightly as the photo is fairly small and it allowed space for some journalling and doodling around the edges too.
The 2pm challenge was to lift one of four LOs. As luck would have it I had started a lift last year, so I took the oppurtunity to finish it off for this challenge :)It's times like these that I am glad I am a messy scrapbooker :) I pull bits out for LOs and then I don't like them but they stay on my table. So I had some scraps left over from previous LOs and bits of material and all sorts laying around on the desk so I was able to put this LO together. I love the hearts which are an idea I got from Kathleen Glossop.

Thanks Shimelle :)

3 comments:

ScrappyDandyDoo said...

Gorgeous work hun, love them all :D
J xx

Traceyr said...

These layouts are superb - love the cake mixture one. I agree with Connor this is the best bit!

:)

Carol said...

Your LO "Sit up and Beg" is gorgeous, Bailey is so adorable.
Love the hessian hearts.
Carol X