Sunday 29 August 2010

The Sunday Challenge on 'The Studio'

Today's 'The Studio' challenge really really challenged me:
'This is something that everyone will be able to join in with! Hopefully this will encourage you to go out with fresh eyes to take in your surroundings. Even if you can't get out and about at the moment, you can search online for a picture :)

Scrap about a local landmark, and what it signifies to you. Maybe it's the first thing you see when you step out of the house, maybe it's a monument in the centre of town. It doesn't have to be something that other people would consider significant. Enjoy!'



I live in a town just outside Reading and it's fairly leafy and non descript with no major landmarks. There is a nature reserve where we walk the dog, but that's mostly grass and trees and I don't really see it as a landmark. I absolutely love living here but clearly it's not for the landmarks ;) What we do have in one of the parks is a graffiti wall. I actually love grafitti when it's controlled and there are some really talented people out there who are pretty nifty with a spray can. My fiance captured a part of the wall when he took Bailey's photo last week and I thought it would work well with this challenge. I lifted the LO from Jules the bling princess and I love it!

No comments: