Friday 10 September 2010

LSNED 10th September

So what lessons can I learn at home? Well today I learnt that my son can play the harmonica he was given for his Birthday 11 months ago. On that day, he pick it up but didn't really know what to do with it. It's laid in the misci box in the playroom unused for almost a whole year but today he picked it up and played it. Not only was he blowing in to it, but he was moving it across his mouth in a very tuneful manor and getting so in to the whole experience that he was moving with the music, his eyes closed :) It made me smile and that's always a good thing!
For this LO I used a lovely piece of distressed cardstock with orange that tonnes in with Connor's jumper. I made the photo a little old looking using Rollip. I stamped (using Stazon) some Rusty pickle swirls to tie in with the Paisley Road Notecard (from The Craft Garden). The flowers are also a selection of flowers from The Craft Garden- a crocheted flower, an orange flower with a glitter dot from Bubbly Funk and an alterable flower from Prima from The Craft Garden with Viva Decor Croco (azure) from Bubbly Funk pasted on and a Prima flower centre added. The leaves are cut out of some Prima Paisley Road paper and I sprinkled the odd black gem at the bottom of the LO. Finally I placed a Prima butterfly from The Craft Garden on the page, misted over it, moved it to one side of the misted butterfly and stuck it on the LO.

1 comment:

Mary B said...

Really lovely page and a great photo well done to your son for learning how to play it.