Wednesday 22 September 2010

LSNED 22nd September

"Regrets, I've had a few!" That's true, but I'm a firm believer in everything happening for a reason so even decisions I've made that I've regretted, things I've not said or done, things I have said or done and then regretted are not entirely regrets since they lead me to where I am right now and for the most part I'm very happy with my life and where I am in my life (although still some of those wrong turns plague me everyday and I have to deal with the ramification of some of those things that I could find regretful if I were that way inclined). So what have I learnt about regret today? Regret is a wasted emotion. Regret won't change anything. It's like stressing about things that you have no control over or can't change. What's the point? It's a wasted emotion. I feel quite strongly about that. I know that my sister in particular thinks it's odd when I don't get stressed or upset about somethings, but it's just things I can't control so I don't wasted the energy and emotion. I didn't realise that I felt the same about regret until today though. Perhaps if I was less blase about stress and upset I'd have fewer regrets though, short lived as they maybe? Who knows!?

No comments: