Friday 29 April 2011

Royal Wedding Day

I am a real fan of the Royal Family. I went to London for the Queen Mother's funeral and found the experience very moving. I also love an excuse for a party and I love an occasion so I'm childishly excited about the events today.



My neighbours are amongst those who have taken three days off work and gone away for eleven, which is a real pity since we live in a quiet cul-de-sac and a street party would have been a lot of fun. Not to be deterred however we strung bunting around the garden, made cupcakes with little union jack flags on them and cucumber sandwiches. We've got the posh crockery out and are preparing for to watch the Royal Wedding.



I merrily cut up scrap pieces of red, white and blue papers and arranged them in to the Union Jack. I gutted some Creative Imaginations kraft diecut paper and replaced the middle with some Sassafras 'Sweetly Smitten' pen pals paper that I bought at GoGo Getaway in March. Sadly most of the tea stained bits around the edges of the Sassafras paper were lost so I made a strong tea and put my own tea cup stain and some more splashes on the paper. The scraps of paper came from 'Cosmo Cricket 'Garden Variety- Strawberry fields', 'Sassafras 'Apple Jack- Discover' and Jillibean Soup 'Blossom Soup- Anejo Cheese'. I used red, white and blue cardstoke to make bunting and inked around the edges. The kraft journalling block is from the ScrapaGoGoMay kit and the alphas are from the Crate Paper 'Portrait' collection that I bought at the Getaway too. The lines on the Sassafras paper meant that I could do lots of journalling and the photo is of us enjoying our Royal Wedding lunch.



So whatever you're doing today, I hope that you have as much fun as I intend to have :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

A wonderfully patriotic page Rebekah. Hope you had a fab day in London today. I missed your TV debut though ;-(

Rosie
x