Thursday 19 May 2011

Save this dog and win masses of prizes!

Kirsty Wiseman is organising a massive raffle. She says 'This is a raffle so huge, that by the time I have collated all the prizes, you need never buy a single craft item ever again, well....barely! Tell your friends, tell your family, raid the kids money box.......please, please find it in your hearts (and paypal accounts) to help raise money for Daisy Dog.

The story.....A facebook friend of mine, Janey Pye (cool name, right?), wrote about an incident relating to her Jack Russell dog, Daisy, on the 17th May 2011 but today, 18th May 2011 she received the devastating news that she either find £1600 for vet bills or have her dog destroyed. I mean, you just can't comprehend anything like that, can you? In the cold light of day, being given that kind of alternative is gut wrenching. The fact that Janey has no pet insurance is of no consequence to me or indeed many of my friends, the positive in me see's to it that I and whoever else who is attached to Janey must do all they can to help her. I know its not something we all can afford but some of us go through our daily lives praying nothing happens to our pet to warrant such a huge expense.




So to help Daisy (and Janey, and Tom - Daisy's big brother... who suffers with aspergers and would simply not exist without his beloved pet, Daisy) I wanted to rally around every craft person and store I knew to donate prizes for a very grand raffle. Janey never asked me to do this and when I raised the question on my facebook page this afternoon towards my friends, many of them their offered support immediately. Nobody questioned it and so the aquarian in me set sail. Their support gave me the push, so I am grateful to them muchly.


The Prizes....So far we have the following pledges (with a potential 65 shops, manufacturers, crafters pledging more)

A Craft Robo - anonymous donation
£35 stampin up voucher from Rachel Booth
A handmade bag from Darcy Wilkinson
A private commissioned drawing of your pet/child 12x14 worth $50 by Jay Korbijn
A MME 12x12 pack, stamps, and embellishments from Dies to Die for
A selection of stamps from Personal Impressions
A £25 voucher from Hobby Craft
A donation from Studio Calico
£50 worth of product from Clever Cuts
A selection of craft supplies from Brenda Pinnick
A selection of stamps from THE Donna Downey - I know, right?
£40 worth of stash from Mei Flowers
£36 worth of stamping product from Artistic Stamper
£50 word of Crafting CD's from me
A handmade cushion from Jaki Morrison worth £20
100ml bottle of DKNY perfume from anonymous donator
£30 worth of product from Marion Emberson of Sugar and Spice Crafts
£106 worth of product from Tonic Studios
A photoshoot for the south of the country from Paula Pascual (worth £100)
A photoshoot for the north of the country from Kirsty Wiseman (worth £100)
A ton of digi product from Vicki Parker (worth £40)
A generous prize from Letraset (prob Promarkers and Aquamarkers.... im working on them!)
A specially commissioned Canvas by Dyan Reaveley at Art from the Heart worth £75
Ive twisted someones arm for a donation from QVC
Im working on Create and Craft
5 x digi stamps from Just Inklined

There will be MORE AND MORE prizes added.....this was what I could only obtain in an hour on 17th May 2011

Go to Kirsty's website and buy a ticket now. Only £2 xx

No comments: