Monday 2 May 2011

Scrap Factor Week 2

Thank you again to everyone who voted to keep me in this week. I really enjoyed this LO. The advert that I went for in the end was this one:
The advert I chose was a PSP advert. I loved the black and blue combination and all the pretty swirls. I actually did the LO and then couldn’t decide on a photo to add. In the end I went for this photo of Connor, 7 days old. I think that the butterfly symbolises new life and the blue is great for a boy. The swirls and flowers are joyful.

For the LO itself I used a variety of layers to build it up. The first layer was of acrylic paint. I used a wide brush to get some nice big strokes of white.
Next I stamped some swirls on top of the paint before using some black rub on swirls to mix with them. The top layer is white swirls and flowers- also rub ons.
The butterfly I found in my stash was perfect with blue and black colourings.
I couldn’t find a flower that worked for me though so I cut the cardstock from under the photo and cut six petals from it. I inked them and stuck them together, punched a hole in the centre and pushed artificial flower stamen through the middle. Supplies:
Core.dinations Gemstones Cardstock Moonstone
Fly stickers
Staz on
Autumn Leaves elegant flourishes acrylic stamp
Basic Grey rub ons 1665 & 1265
Papermania Hampstead glitter transfers
Fancy pants rub ons French Market
Artificial flower stamen
Acrylic paint
Dew drop graphite black ink

My layout for Week Three's music challenge is fun, or at least I enjoyed making it :) Here'a little sneak peek.
And there are no prizes for guessing which photos I'll be using for this week's storytelling challenge either after spending Thursday night camping along the Mall and Friday immersed in National pride, pomp and ceremony :)

No comments: