Monday 9 May 2011

Scrap Factor Week 3

This challenge instantly made me think of some photos I took of Connor on Easter Sunday. We were walking the dog when Connor picked a dandelion. Unlike most children he didn't start blowing and counting to tell the time. Instead he started singing in to it. He said that it was his microphone and he was quite disappointed when the wind took some of it away (although then a whole new game developed as Connor blew the dandelions and Bailey the dog caught them in his mouth!). The journalling tells the story.

I chose the lyric from MC Hammer's song 'Hammertime' because Connor was holding a dandelion clock but instead of telling the time, he's singing in to it. I thought it would like the 'time' factor with the 'musical' factor (if you can call Hammertime that!). The patterned paper is simply torn and stuck onto the Crate Paper 'Toy Box' paper. I positioned the photos and then covered them whilst I misted an area on each side of the photos (top left and bottom right). The larger blobs of mist were achieved by squirting into the lid of the mist and then flicking it out over the layout. Next I rubbed on, inked and stuck on clocks from various manufacturers and cut out cogs from the Cosmo Cricket paper to layer on top of the clocks. Some are stuck directly on to the paper flat and some have foam squares behind them to give them some height. I was really pleased with how the colours lifted the rest of the LO. I also added UTEE to a couple of chipboard cogs and added them to the LO. No nature based LO is complete without the odd butterfly though so I also rubbed and stamped a few of those on. Finally I added a date at the top of the layout and of course the title.

Thank you to all of your who have sent me such lovely messages and who have voted for me. I hope that you'll visit the UKS 'Scrap Factor' gallery again too.

Supplies:
Crate Paper 'Toy Box- Library'
October Afternoon 'School house: Ruler'
October Afternoon 'The Thrift Shop: Collector's Item'
Cosmo Cricket 'Cogsmo Cogs- Twist & Shout'
Prima Marketing Flocked Rub ons 'Reflections'
Kelly Panacci (Sandilion) Rub ons 'Time'
Cavallini Papers & Co., Inc. Butterflies Rubber Stamps
Heidi Swapp Chipboard ornaments 'Clocks'
Studio Calico Rub-ons butterflies
Heidi Swapp clear stamps 'Clocks'
Tattered Angels 'Chalkboard' Mist Peacock
Tim Holtz Idea-Ology metal coggs
Chipboard coggs
UTEE
Prima Marketing Inc. Alphabet
Sassafras mini alpha

No comments: