Monday 23 May 2011

Scrap Factor Week 5: One photo



Good morning. Well, the Week 6 gallery has gone live this morning so I'm able to show you the LO I created for Week 5. The challenge was to create a layout using just one photo. I chose a photo of my friends' children that she took after our trip to the local nature park where we went for the Easter Trail. The children were given a chocolate rabbit for finishing and the children started opening them before Ruth was even in her seat. Given that it's only a 5 minutes drive from home she thought it would be fine and she would be home before they demolished the whole thing. But when she opened the car door she was greeted by Izzy with a pool of molten chocolate in her hands and William with chocolate everywhere. One of the responses to the photo on Facebook was 'I love the way William appears to have massaged the chocolate into his legs for good measure! LOL ;-)'. 'eek!' was pretty much what Ruth thought when she first saw them and once she'd captured the moment on her iphone for prosperity they went straight in to the bath.

I wanted to use some of the purple and silver foil that Cadbury's Easter eggs come in on this LO so I looked for papers that would allow me to do that. I love green and purple together so I was pleased when I found the paper from . Having position the paper and doilie I then used paint and mist to mirror the mess that all over the LO and around the photo. I positioned the foil around the LO too and added stickers and Cosmo cricket accents here and there.
And here is the finished LO.I was much happier with this LO than my Royal Wedding one, that's for sure :)

Supplies:
My Mind's Eye kraft cardstock
Brown acrylic paint
Tattered angels mists 'Creme de Chocolate', 'Deep Plum' and 'Turquoise Blue'
Cosmo cricket doilies and butterflies: 'Social Club' and 'Salt Air'
Sassafras cardstock Sweet Treats stickers
October Afternoon '5 & Dime' Label Stickers and Word Stickers
American Crafts Thickers 'Glitter Letter Stickers- Bliss'
Websters pages image&phrase stickers 'Trendsetter'
WeR Memory Keepers Vintage Blue 'Rainbow Connection' and 'Peachy Keen'
Crate Paper 'Toy Box' chipboard accents

No comments: