Monday 13 June 2011

Week 8 Scrap Factor: Movie Night

The Scrap Factor challenge for Week 8 was to use film or TV for inspiration. The iconic 'TV' shot for me is the BBC test screen:
so I decided to use that as a basis for my LO this week. Back in September whilst I was doing Shimelle's 'Learn Something New Every day' class I took some photos of Connor to illustrate the lesson I'd learnt ('Sunday nights have become movie night without me noticing. I love the change to cuddle up') and made a layout using some of them, but I never liked it. I don't often do it, but this week I decided to start again and use the movie night photos and create a new LO.

The technique I wanted to focus on was using mist and a mask to highlight an area that I've seen on a few layouts recently and liked. Using the test screen as my inspiration I decided to go with a circle focal point. I layered papers, ribbons and burlap on the page before using a bowl to mask out a circle and misting around the edges. I used my sewing machine to stitch circles around the area to really highlight it too.

Supplies:
Basic Grey Basics- Glossary
MME Abbey Road 'Round and Round- Nice Ride'
MME Lime Twist 'Fly a kite'
Bella Blvd Midterm 'Physics' and 'Text Me'
Teresa Collins
Jenni Bowlin 'Watch'
Ticket
October Afternoon Chipboard sticker 'Date'
Staples
Buttons
Burlap
Lace
Ribbon
Corrugated card
Silver Sewing Machine

2 comments:

Louise said...

Its a fantastic LO - Love it. I remember that screen test photo too

uhooi said...

Uhooi,,
Wow,, It's a very sweet, beautiful and creative,,

Uhooi.blogspot.com