Saturday 31 December 2011

New Year's Eve

This year has gone so fast. They seem to get faster every year! It seems like only yesterday that I was sharing my favourite layouts of 2010.

2010 was the year that I got even braver with paint and ink, thanks largely to my Scrap365 team mate Lisa Saunders :) The great thing about this layout is that it inspired other people to get a bit messy with paint and ink too. My GoGo pal Sheena told me that this one was inspired by my spring LO, and doesn't it look fab too.
This one is one of my favourites because I love the Rocket Age range, and the colours and because it was one of my favourites of the Scrapfactor competition.
I think that this is the only double layout that I created this year! When I started out all I did was double layouts and now I just don't do them. I should though, especially when I'm doing my wedding album. I'm pleased with how this one came out though and Crate Paper Toy Box was another of my favourite ranges of 2011.

Speaking of wedding albums, this is my favourite of my wedding layouts so far. I have got a little carried away with making paper flowers this year but I do think that they enhance a layout and they are well worth the time it takes to make them. This is one of the layouts that won me 'Scrapbooker of the Year' runner up in The Scrapbook Magazine too so it's hard not to have a soft spot for it.

Another Scrapfactor layout here, this time with no photo. I've done layouts without photos before but this is the first one that I have thought worked. I love that Connor's first writing is now commemorated. When it comes to my favourite GoGo Getaway class of the year it's a hard choice. I've so enjoyed teaching at the retreats and day events and meeting our members. I think that this layout just squeezes past some of the others though. Again, it's partially because I love the paper range, but I also like the composition and the shiny elements.
This one is a favourite for two reasons. Firstly, we had so much fun hunting Easter Eggs in the Park and secondly, the kit from ScrapaGoGo was fab and worked well with this composition.


Today I have set aside for Scrap365 and am keen to get started on my first project for them :) I hope that you all have a wonderful New Year's Eve and that 2012 is full of lots of wonderful memories to capture on film, and later on a page x

No comments: