Wednesday 14 September 2016

Christmas paper in September

Hello again :)  Thanks for stopping by.  Today I'm continuing with my reveal of my Hey Little Magpie layouts from the Challenge Weekend.  

This challenge was from Nancy who said, "So the challenge is, if you wish to accept it, is to make a non-Christmas themed page using Christmas stash."

I found these little photos that were previously in a photo frame around a mirror.  The photos on the left hand side of the layout are from my honeymoon and from the day after my boy was born depicting our first family lunch.  Both of those were lovely moments in my marriage.  The photo on the right is of my boy when we first took him home, wrapped up in his crib.  And whilst the marriage didn't last, my role as a mum will go on forever so I called this layout...


Short lived, long lasting.



My first challenge was to find some Christmas stash.  It's not something that I often buy and I was really surprised to find this cute range, Bundled Up, from Crate Paper.  Not only a Christmas range but also very pink for me!  Perhaps I couldn't resist those cute little snow angels ;)  

The papers are teamed with the following embellishments:

I really enjoyed this layout and using small photos.  It meant that there was more space on the page to load up with embellishments.  The reindeer sort of works with the boy who is,  after all,  is 'deer' to me :)  

What do you think?  Does it work?


No comments: