Monday 12 September 2016

Long Time, No See!

Well, it has been quite some time since I blogged.  One of my new (academic) year's resolutions was to sort out my work life balance and find time for the things that I enjoy.  Obviously one of the things that I enjoy is scrapbooking and it's such a good way of relaxing too.

What a good time to start scrapbooking again!  Thank you Hey Little Magpie for putting on a challenge weekend.  I'll be catching up on the challenges over the next couple of weeks and telling the stories behind the layout on my blog.

I didn't do the challenges in order for some reason, so Challenge 2 came from Jen Naulls and was to make a page or project using black, white and one other colour.

Le Tour


I have so many photos that I want to scrap and the pile certainly doesn't get smaller so I deliberately went for a couple of photos from 1994.  The photos are taken from the time that the Tour de France came to Hampshire.  As a venture scout I was asked to marshal the event (along with my fellow venture scouts, Natasha and Vicki).  It was a long day of standing and the crowds got larger and larger until the racers descended.  You could hear the whir of wheels from a distance but blink and it was all over!  Those cyclists serious flew by in a blur of colour and metal.




I love yellow so I instantly picked these photos out as some that I could pick out the colour from to use in this challenge.  I used a Tim Holtz arrows mask and Wendy Vecchi white embossing paste to create the background.  If you followed me of old then you will know how much I love stickers and there are plenty on this layout, all from October Afternoon, some of which are still available at the lovely Papermaze.  The brads and buttons are from an old Crate Paper collection.  I think that brads have gone out a bit recently but I really like them for adding a bit of depth to a layout and I really like these from Hey Little Magpie that might just fall in to my basket!  The word fun is from the Freckled Fawn Words collection and the little bikes from Studio Calico, all in wood veneer.

No comments: