Sunday 18 September 2016

Tiny Dancers

Good morning all!  I hope that you are all enjoying your weekend and being a little bit crafty :)

Today I'm sharing the challenge set by Rachel Millington during the Hey Little Magpie Challenge Weekend.  The challenge was simply to use paint and stitching.  I love paint and I love stitching so this one was a pretty good challenge for me.  I don't get to use a lot of pink so I decided that since the photo is black and white, I would treat myself.  This photo was taken at my sister's wedding last October.  It's my cousin's daughter and my sister's page boy doing some barn dancing and it's one of my favourite from the wedding album.  They only met that day but they danced so well together.

Tiny Dancers



To create this layout I painted using big strokes and a lot of paint both at the top and the bottom of the cardstock.  I also used a brighter pink to create some splatters of paint on top of the paler pink solid blocks of paint.  Once that had dried I used a sewing machine to stitch the circles. I always draw a circle in pencil as a guide but I often do more than one circle so that if it's not absolutely perfect, it doesn't show.  I decided to go with the musical link with some musical note patterned paper and the gorgeous pink flowers on a blue background, linked up with some Prima blooms, October Afternoon Stickers and washi tape from my stash.  I bought some enamel dots from Hey Little Magpie this week and they've gone on pretty much every layout, and this one is no exception. The layout is finished off with a title in Thickers and a little bit of journaling just to capture the date and venue. 



I'd love to see how you've used paint and stitching on a layout so please do link to it in the comments below :)






No comments: